Wednesday, December 24, 2014

baked fish - slightly sweetish

Today was a spur of the moment recipe invention :

I had a filet of fish in the fridge (this was cabillaud - white ordinary fish) and had to make lunch for 3.

So :
I cut about 7 carrots in 3-4mm slices, rubbed some olive oil, some curcuma, some coriander powder and some salt on them
baked them in the oven until they looked slightly golden on top (my guess is about 20 minutes at 180°C)

then I mixed in some chopped ginger, a bowl of pomegranate seeds, 2 chopped up pickled lemons (the kind used for moroccan cooking) , a fistfull of frozen raspberries and some chopped green coriander leaves and a dash of balsamique vinaigre.

I rubbed olive oil on the fish filet and rubbed in some salt, curcuma and a bit of 'tajine spice mix' on both sides. and sprinkled some red chilli powder on top.

I laid the fish on top of the veg / fruit mix and baked in the oven at 200° until the fish was cooked.

Served with boiled potatoes and white wine.

The 'guests' loved it!

so I have to remember it, hence this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment